Abia State Executive Council (EXCO) met at the Executive Chambers of Government House Umuahia on Wednesday, 2nd June, 2021, under the Chairmanship of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, PhD, and resolved as follows:
(1) Council reviewed current security situation in the state and country and advised vigilance, support for security agencies and an end to mindless attacks by yet to be identified hoodlums.
(2) Council recognized and approved current membership of F & GPC.
(3) Council approved construction of Aba Garment factory and 195 pieces of equipment for the factory currently awaiting shipment.
(4) Council approved further financial support for ongoing infrastructural development efforts.
(5) Council directed functionalization and commissioning of completed Nkporo cottage hospital in Ohafia LGA.
(6) Council directed immediate clearance of 6 containers of medical equipment and supplies at the Apapa Wharf.
(7) Council approved the take over of all stores around the College of Health, Aba by the College, from Aba south LGA, to allow for proper management, control and revenue collection.
(8 Council approved bifurcation of Ministry of Education into Ministry of Basic Education and Ministry of Post-Basic Education in order to provide better and qualitative education for Abians.
(9) Council approved renaming of Boys Technical College, Aba to Government Technical College, Aba and Secondary Technical School, Afara to Government Technical College, Afara.
(10) Council approved that all students enrolled in the Technical schools will enjoy free education whilst Abia State Universal Basic Education Board (ASUBEB) should as a matter of urgency construct two additional blocks of classes each in the schools.
11) Council approved additional road projects in line with the Kinetic Abia program of the administration.
Barr Chris Ezem,
Secretary to State Government